Take a nosey on Pinterest and it’s pretty clear that the IKEA STUVA is one of the most popular storage systems for modern kids’ rooms. Other than being affordable, the STUVA is super versatile, spacious and kid-friendly. The simple, clean lines of its design gives it a stylish minimal look, whilst remaining completely customisable – it’s really up to you how you modify it. Check out some of the unique ways people have styled theirs below!
1. We love this colourful doll’s house idea from the IKEA Family website.
2. Turn the STUVA system into a cosy bedroom bench, perfect as a little reading nook!
3. Take it high with storage above the play bench to maximise space – via pinspiration
4. The STUVA slots in seamlessly with @svartvitrandig’s modern, monochrome decor.
5. Ane showcases the STUVA in black for another alternative bench look.
6. Black and white cupboards by @miniwilla – we love the contrast of the STUVA here with the rustic white-washed wood panels.
7. Get creative with a bit of washi-tape like @lillemittalt.
8. Transform it into a creative zone – photo from Julie Hole.
9. Add a softer touch with pine worktops – via Peetikmagazine.
10. A storage system underneath bunkbeds, ideal for space saving via Coco Lapine Design
Written by our lifestyle contributor, Zoe Macnaughton.