Summer is finally here and after a Spring clean, nothing beats freshening up the house with some fun new pieces. This can be something as small as an extra plant here and there, or if you’re ready for a bigger change, a gorgeous new sofa that is guaranteed to add an instant style update. It’s amazing how a couple of tweaks and changes, big or small, can transform a space. In the summer months, we love to embrace pops of colour in order to help bring those sunny vibes inside. They not only -create a positive energy in the home but they also spur a renewed feeling, quickly bringing a room back to life. To help inspire an easy decor makeover, we’ve rounded up a range of pieces to suit any budget, check them out below!
1. A new throw – Textiles are a great place to start when you’re looking to give your room a mini makeover. Keep an eye out for a throw with an interesting print or a bold colour to achieve a brighter look.
2. Fresh scents – Candles work wonderfully when it comes to embracing a new season, as you can easily set the mood/tone depending on the scent you choose. We love this inexpensive range from H&M!
3. Update your wall art – Another quick and effective way to freshen up a room is to pick up a new piece of artwork. We can’t get enough of this vintage inspired series by Rifle Paper Co.
4. Seagrass Basket – Natural baskets are one of those handy household items that can be used in so many ways, from a place to store toys and blankets to a unique house-plant holder!
5. Frames – Gold or brass frames are beautiful and can help add some extra warmth to a room making them perfect for displaying treasured family photos.
6. Accessories – Don’t underestimate the power of accessories! These celestial coasters are inexpensive and will add a lovely summery touch to your coffee table.
7. Cosy Grey Corner Sofa – Mid-century inspired sofas are on many home wish-lists, including ours! We love this corner sofa, which combines that sought after structured look whilst keeping family comfort in mind.
8. Plants – One of the first things we like to do when summer arrives is to invest in some new plants, which will purify the air and also help you de-stress.
9. Cushions – We’re big fans of the mismatched look, especially when it comes to cushions in different colours and prints. These would look great on any sofa!
10. Photo Stands – It’s time to print out some of your favourite summer Instagram snaps using these cute photo holders.
What are your favourite seasonal home decor updates? Will you be trying any of these? We’d love to hear your ideas!
*NB this is a collaborative post.