I’ve recently been on the hunt for beds that might work in the boys’ new bedroom, as our plan is for them to share once Parker is old enough and sleeping through the night. Bunk beds are an obvious space saver, with many having had a Scandinavian makeover making them not only modern but environmentally conscious too – I love how some can even be recycled! I thought I’d round up some of my favourite designs below…
1. Perludi’s gorgeous FLORA Bunkbed can either be used as a loft bed with an integrated playing area or as a classic bunk bed for two children.
2. The beautiful and versatile Perch Bunk bed by Oeuf easily separates into a loft bed or a standalone twin.
3. The ever popular Ikea Kura Bed can be configured into a bunkbed, it’s also lower than other designs making it a possible option for younger children. See our post on our favourite ways to style the Ikea Kura Bed here.
4. “Do your children share a single room? The older one in need of a fullsize bed, the younger one just outgrown his crib?” – The Rafa Kids F bunk bed solves this issue combining a classic single and toddler bed, creating a new bedroom playground!
5. This handy bunk features a double bed with a single bed overhead. The ladder can be placed on either the right or left side of the bed to suit each individual bedroom.
6. Made in Denmark, this Children’s Bunk Bed in White with Oak legs from Oliver’s Wood collection, made from sustainable timber, oozes charm and doesn’t compromise on quality.
7. The IO Kids Design bunk bed is a unique piece of furniture where children can sleep, store and study. The bunk bed has been designed and built to grow with the child, and can be used from an early age through the teen years.
8. How beautiful is the AMBERintheSKY bunk bed? The lower bunk can be used as a second sleeping area, a playboard for marbles, a cozy corner or a self-made cave.
9. For little adventurers, the Treehouse Bed by Francois Lamazerolles will transform bedtime into a magical adventure!
10. Magis Bunk Bed By Marc Newson – “Bunky” is a completely modular concept – easily assembled from just four pieces. It’s made from rotational-moulded polyethylene and creates a sturdy, secure sleep and play environment for kids.