It seems a little out-there to bring a playground favourite into your home, but you might be surprised how stylish an indoor swing can look. From a flying trapeze in your living room to rope swings in the playroom, they can be a great way to add some extra character to a space. Check out how some modern families have made indoor swings functional in their homes below – It might just make you the coolest mum ever too!
1. We adore this space by Jujuzozo – Ana had the swing and house bed-frame made by a handyman so that it fit her space perfectly.
3. We love how this family have used a simple doorframe to add in a swing to their children’s room, this is an easy one to replicate at home.
6. Who said swings should be restricted to children’s rooms? @eeflillemor added this beautiful swing into the master bedroom, draping throws or sheepskins on top to make it more multifunctional.
7. You can always count on Oeuf to come up with a playful touch to their home – “This trapeze was made by my teacher at circus school,” says Oeuf founder, Sophie Demenge who had it installed in her living room to practise, until the kids took over!
8. Swings for the more adventurous! If you have a large open space, soft furnishings on the floor and swings can add a playful warm touch to a loft.
9. Proof that a swing in your living room can look awesome!
10. A removable indoor swing that can be put up as often as you please! Great for those with a lack of space. Find it at IKEA.