By the time you’ve reached the third trimester you’re probably feeling in the swing of things now and know what pregnancy products/remedies work best for you. But when you’re feeling big and uncomfortable, it can be helpful to read what assisted other mama’s through the last trimester and those final hurdles. So with that in mind here are some of our favourite items that helped make those last weeks just that little bit easier…
1. Treat yourself to a nice robe! In those last days of pregnancy and the first weeks with a newborn you might find you’re living in loungewear so a snuggly robe is a must have.
2. If you didn’t invest in a maternity pillow then try sleeping with a pillow in between your legs to help you feel more comfortable at bedtime.
3. Cashmere bed socks – Because if there’s a time to treat yourself to some fancy socks it’s now!
4. Raspberry Leaf Tea – Raspberry leaf is thought to tone the muscles of your womb so they work more efficiently during labour. It’s recommended you begin drinking it in small doses when you’re about 32 weeks pregnant. But always check with your midwife first to make sure it’s suitable for you.
5. A comfortable nightie is often the easiest option when it comes to sleepwear. Not to mention it will also be handy for those night feeds should you choose to breastfeed later.
6. Ilia Lipstick In My Room – Packed with moisturising Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E and formulated with 100% natural dyes, this flattering lip shade is perfect to wear everyday helping you look put together even if you’re not feeling it.
7. ESPA Nourishing Body Oil – We love ESPA products as they’re luxurious and smell amazing. This body oil is safe to use during pregnancy and beyond and is made from deeply nourishing Jojoba and Sweet Almond Oil to leave skin beautifully soft. The rich formula improves the appearance of stretch marks and uneven skin tone.
8. There’s an app for everything! The notes app is so handy for making shopping lists for those last minute baby items. We also love Glow Nurture, BabyCenter and Contraction Timer Deluxe for when labour starts. Don’t forget to sign up for a 3 month free trial of Apple Music, to make yourself the ultimate labour playlist.
10. Birth Ball – These are great for helping get babies head down and into position in the weeks before your due date. They also help improve posture and are very useful during labour itself to help distract you and keep you moving.
11. Thank You Cards – It’s handy to have a pack of Thank You cards and stamps at home ready in case you receive any gifts from friends and family for your new baby.
12. Pick up some containers and zip lock bags to store some freezer friendly meals in that you can cook at home in advance – you’ll be grateful for these in those early newborn days when the last thing you’ll feel like doing is slaving away in the kitchen. Check out: 80 Make Ahead Freezer Friendly Meals and slow cooker freezer meals.