Here at Chalk Kids we’re self confessed shoe addicts and kids shoes are no exception. However, when it comes to shopping for little feet our requirements are slightly different, after all these shoes have to survive the rigours of the playground! Whilst style is important, we want pairs that are practical, made to last and most importantly are comfortable enough for the kids to wear all day long. With that in mind we’ve rounded up 10 unique styles that even us adults wouldn’t mind wearing!
1. Angulus Starter Lace Up Boots – These sweet little ankle boots in warm grey are the perfect starter shoes for little girls thanks to their high back, which provides optimal ankle support. These shoes have been created with a rounded toe to allow tiny feet to move easily and grow.
2. Vans Half Cab Suede & Fleece Trainers – Made from durable suede and featuring a soft fleece lining and sturdy waffle outer sole, these cute trainers would make a perfect (and cosy) pair of starter shoes for boys.
3. Vans Atwood Stars Canvas Trainers – Another pair of fun unisex first shoes. Both cool and practical, the velcro straps make them quick and easy to slip onto small feet.
4. Angulus Leopard T-Bar Sandals – These T-bar Dolly Shoes in Leopard are impeccably stylish – The classic shape contrasts perfectly with the modern leopard print. They’d look great paired with simple dresses and tights.
5. Mini Melissa Mary Jane Shoes – We love these adorable shoes with their cute cat face design and a tail velcro strap fastening. With the jelly material and cushioned insole these charming shoes are sure to be a hit with mums and their daughters alike.
6. Birkenstock Milano Sandals – Lined in a soft leather, these basic sandals promise to keep your kids feet comfort all day. These sandals are also great for twinning with your Mini-Me’s.
You can find adult sizes of Birkenstock at Jones Bootmaker.
7. Ash Black Glitter Hi Tops – You can’t go wrong with these black hi top trainers with a sparkly twist and buckle detailing! Thanks to their neutral colour they’ll go with everything making them worth the investment.
8. Akid Liv Sneakers in Rose Gold – Fresh and contemporary, we can’t get enough of these easy to wear and super cool sneakers for girls. They’re high quality finish guarantees durability and comfort making them a great everyday shoe option.
9. Converse All Star Oxford Canvas Trainers – These iconic white all-star trainers are a timeless staple for any young wardrobe. Not only do they go with everything but their thick rubber sole make them efficient shoes for kids (and adults) of all ages.
10. Vans Bishop Canvas Trainers – Every boy needs a cool go-to pair of trainers, this casual denim pair add a unique twist to a classic style.