Happy Christmas Eve! I thought I’d share this delicious french toast bake recipe, which would be ideal to enjoy on Christmas morning or Boxing Day. Simply prepare the night before and pop it in the oven first thing in the morning. The perfect breakfast treat!
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Icing Sugar & Cinnamon for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar and stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 baking tray and spread around.
3. Beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
4. Lay single slices of bread in tray.
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer.
6. Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggs.
7. Add second layer of sliced bread.
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture.
9. Cover & chill in fridge overnight.
10. Bake at 170 fan for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar and cream.
*You could also vary it up by including chocolate chips or marmalade… whatever you’re in the mood for.