Recently we shared some of our favourite advent calendars to make and buy. But instead of filling them all with treats we love the idea of writing out 24 activities to do as a family each day in the lead up to Christmas (maybe with an obligatory chocolate thrown in for good measure!) From writing to Santa to having a fun christmas photoshoot, here’s a fun list we came up with for some festive activity inspiration!
1. Choose a Christmas tree & decorate it!
2. Watch your favourite Christmas movie with some festive popcorn.
3. Make your own Christmas Tree ornament, like this Snowman Bauble.
4. Go to a Christmas Market & visit Santa.
5. Write your Christmas cards and listen to the Michael Buble Christmas album.
6. Wear an x-mas Jumper.
7. Make Christmas cookies!
8. Write a letter to Santa.
9. Go to the theatre to watch a Christmas show or ballet.
10. Decorate a window with fake snow.
11. Read a Christmas inspired book at bedtime (we love How The Grinch Stole Christmas)
12. Choose a toy and drop it off at your local children’s charity shop.
13. Bake and decorate some gingerbread men!
14. Have friends round for mulled wine and mince pies.
15. Buy a festive candle (we love this one).
16. Do some Christmas Artwork, like this Snowflake Picture.
17. Go Ice Skating!
18. Split up to do the last of your Christmas shopping then eat out all together somewhere that has great food and nice decorations.
19. Make your own wrapping paper & use these printable gift tags.
20. Camp next to the christmas tree and play board games.
21. Make a festive hot chocolate with toasted marshmallows (try this recipe)
22. Make the house smell like Christmas by using these ingredients.
23. Create a cool backdrop and have a Christmas photoshoot.
24. Leave out a mince pie for Santa and some carrots for the reindeers.